NoFrost has secured the INNOWATOR PODKARPACIA 2013 (2013 Podkarpacie Innovator) award for ML System. We have created an innovative BIPV module which prevents the layering of snow and frost.
NoFrost modules can be installed on roofs, skylights and similar structural solutions. One of the panes in the glass-to-glass panel has an additional deposited coat which heats up when connected to an electrical voltage. The generated heat penetrates the module front and the layer of frost, ice or snow. The frost/ice/snow layer melts and uncovers the PV cell underneath.
NOFROST PRODUCT BENEFITS:
- Removes the problem of snow loads on roof structures. The NoFrost modules can clear snow from roof slopes (e.g. carports, halls, airport buildings, border crossing units, warehousing units, train or bus stations, or stadiums)
- An (extra) heat source for indoor rooms; also helps removing steam from glass fronts (e.g. for swimming pools)
- Short time to reach the operating temperature, which is uniformly distributed across the PV panel
- 3 times less power consumed than by resistive wire mats
NOFROST MODULE FEATURES
- Uniform temperature distribution across the PV module surface
- Only the outer layer is heated
- Short time to reach the operating temperature
- The PV module does not have to be heated across its thickness
- No need for additional melting snow layers: the NoFrost system prevents snow from settling
- The NoFrost module system can be operated in sectors i.e. without using the entire installed power